The first Monday in November is Job Action Day! Job Action Day, November 7, 2022, is a day to recognize and empower those who dream of having a job they love. And we don’t mean just any job—the kind of job where, as the old saying goes, you never work a day in your life. Created in 2008 by QuintCareers, Job Action Day was intended to empower and inspire hard workers who dreamed of achieving more. In addition, it’s a day to connect workers and jobseekers alike with career advice from experts in the career field. So if you still dream of being excited to go to work every day, Job Action Day was created in your honor.
History of Job Action Day
Job Action Day was started as an annual event in 2008 by QuintCareers and continues under the sponsorship of LiveCareer, the web’s leading site for job seekers and career changers. The event brings career experts and bloggers together to provide the most relevant advice to jobseekers and workers.
Job Action Day is a day of empowerment, regardless of your current employment situation. It’s an opportunity to examine your career and determine if you’re doing what you love. Do you feel fulfilled? Are you passionate about what you’re doing? Are you satisfied at the end of the working day? Job Action Day encourages us to ask ourselves these questions.
It’s a time to make an action plan and look at the bigger picture. Ask yourself how important it is to be happy with your career. As a society, we need to make a living to maintain function, but no amount of money will ever take the place of doing something we genuinely love. As the saying goes, there’s always hope when looking for a job that’ll make everything worthwhile. Our happiness is something we should never take for granted.
Job Action Day Timeline
The Industrial Revolution brought with it waged labor on a wide scale.
Monday to Friday
The first five-day working week was introduced at a New England cotton mill.
Time to get selective
Employers started conducting job interviews as standard practice.
Where it began
QuintCareers creates Job Action Day to inspire people to search for careers that fit their needs.
Job Action Day Faqs
When is Job Action Day?
Job Action Day is observed on the first Monday in November.
What is Job Action Day?
Job Action Day was created to recognize and empower those who dream of having a job they love. It’s a day to encourage people to pursue their dream job.
Where is Job Action Day observed?
The United States.
How To Celebrate
- Take a vacation
- It’s important to know when to take a break. Job seeking and changing your career can be stressful, but knowing when you need that time to yourself is necessary.
- Apply to a bunch of new jobs
- Believe that your dream job is out there because it is! Apply to various jobs you’re interested in to give yourself options.
- Go to a job fair
- Job fairs are a great way to connect and meet different people and companies. You’re able to communicate with people face to face and see firsthand what jobs are looking for in candidates as well.
- Around 16 million Americans are self-employed
- Millennials are now the largest generation in the U.S Labor force. They make up roughly 56 million (35%) of the labor force.
- Women earn less than men.
- American women earn approximately 85 cents on the dollar compared to men.
- A decline in agriculture
- In 1850 agriculture made up over 50% of the jobs. Nowadays, it takes up a tiny portion of employment prospects.
- Manufacturing is going down
In 1960 manufacturing represented 26% of jobs, nowadays it is less than 10%.
Why We Love Job Action Day
- Following dreams
- This holiday allows us to focus on the objectives and career goals we put on the back burner. If you think it’s not possible, it is!
- It’s inspiring
- Sometimes we need to be reminded of inspiration and hope. You are capable of anything you want to achieve if you believe.
- It’s engaging
- Looking for a new job can be fun. It doesn’t have to be a downright stressful process.